Wednesday 20 January 2010

For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God?

    Just finished reading today's section of Psalm 18 (1-15) and have simply been amazed by it. I sometimes view the psalms as the "easy option"- "its either Deuteronomy or Psalms, which should i read?"- but the wisdom and majesty of them is so overwhelming.

    Take yesterday's reading, for example,

"As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be  satisfied with your likeness."
Even though all my longings, hopes and aspirations are tied up in the Lord, when I meet Him in Glory, I most certainly wont be disapointed! Thats what David knew for sure.

   And then today:

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Just think about all of those metaphors for a moment.
"I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies."
"In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.....THEN the earth realed and rocked... He rode on a cherub and flew; he came swiftly on the wings of the wind."

   And peeking ahead into tommorow's reading:
"He rescued me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me."
"For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness."
"For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall."
"This God- his way is perfect;  the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."
"For who is  God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?- the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless."

Praise the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment