Thursday 17 May 2012

This God- his way is perfect!

   One of my favourite Psalms is #18, which is almost identically recreated in 2 Samuel chapter 22- my reading this morning. King David wrote the Psalm on ‘the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies’.

Have a read of the entire Psalm at your leisure, but here are a few of the extracts I most enjoyed,

        “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
        my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
        my stronghold and my refuge,
        my saviour; you save me from violence.
    I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
        and I am saved from my enemies.
(2 Samuel 22:2-4 ESV)

    For you are my lamp, O LORD,
        and my God lightens my darkness.
    For by you I can run against a troop,
        and by my God I can leap over a wall.
    This God—his way is perfect;
        the word of the LORD proves true;
        he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.
    “For who is God, but the LORD?
        And who is a rock, except our God?
    This God is my strong refuge
        and has made my way blameless.
    He made my feet like the feet of a deer
        and set me secure on the heights.
    He trains my hands for war,
        so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
 
(2 Samuel 22:29-35 ESV)

    “The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock,
        and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation…”
(2 Samuel 22:47 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment