Tuesday 29 December 2009

2010 Reading Scheme

   "the Ugs: Psalm 27" 2010 Reading Scheme kicks off this friday, which (goes without saying) is the 1st of January in this new bright new decade.
   Its a very ambitious scheme, taking chunks from the Old and New Testaments, Psalms and Proverbs every day until, by next December, we hopefully shall have read the entire bible (and Psalms twice). The plan is that those involved (8, i think) will chat about common topics, post thoughts and questions on our interactive "wall" and generally encourage and peer pressurise each other!
   Although slightly scared, I am very excited and look forward to plunging myself into the Word of God, because, lets be honest, we dont spend half enough time studying it. I want to be stunned at the creation, confounded by the wisdom of Solomon, blown away by the beauty of  God's Plan, transformed by the Spirit and humbled by God's grace. I want to trek across Asia with Tychicus, change my view of others with Peter, trust in God with Jacob, sing with Asaph and dance with Miriam! Most of all, I want my Lord to change me and perfect me, through His grace and mercy. It will involve trials, and discomfort, and battle, but my God is able to keep me and guide me....that is why Psalm 27 is our  moto, our battle cry!
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
......
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living!
Wait for the LORD;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the LORD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment