Tuesday 29 December 2009

Confusion and Chaos

   I sat down about midday with the aim of studying about Aquilla and Priscilla, longtime companions of Paul, with whom he lived and worked. However I ended up with dates and maps and charts up to my ears. There appears to be a period of about 3 years which my main referance books just ignore, or confuse. Using a combination of sources, along with chiefly the bible, I think I may have traced Paul's basic whereabouts for the period. However, I am certainly no bible scholar! Unfortuantely I dont really want to tread to deeply into Aquilla and Prisca intill I have solved this defecit. Luckily I had the good thinking to order a couple of books a few days ago, hopefully they shall arrive tommorow, and they should shed some sight on the subject.
   I was ever so excited recently to discover a little-know book called "The Pauline Circle", having ordered the one copy I could see (from America) I eagerly await it! The blurb usefully explains that the book tells us all  about Paul's buddies and companions! Just what I wanted!
   So, keep your eyes peeled, and very very soon I may be blogging about the exciting duo. My passion for Paul's friends is not abaiting! I have homemade maps and timelines strewn across my room even now! I just hope that I can put them to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment