Monday 14 November 2011

A Book 4 U

 
   My Church runs a program at a local school called “A Book for you”. I’m not actually involved with the work itself, but I understand that the particular book in question is the Bible (please correct me if I have misunderstood!).
  The Bible should be our favourite book, because it contains the words of eternal life. It is none other than the Word of God. The Lord speaks to us through the Bible. That is awesome, amazing, wonderful and stupefying!
   Graciously God also uses the written work of other- fallible- authors to instruct and teach us as well.
   When I examine my bookcase, I am thankful to all the people who have taught me real Biblical truth. I have been shaped by many Christian writers.
   If you visit the ‘Readings and Revolutions’ page of Wonders and Wigwams then you will find an extensive (and ever updating) list of many of my favourite and most useful books, with short synopsises. But over the next few weeks and months I want to share with you, in a bit more detail than previously, some of the authors, teachers and books which have shaped me and taught me. I hope you will find some of them useful for yourselves.
   Keep your eyes peeled for “abk4u” posts!

   Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.(1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment